Shooting Isn’t All This DMV Newborn Photographer Does!
Whats the first thing that come to mind when you think about a newborn photographer’s job?
Taking pictures! Right?
Well, I’m here to tell you that is only a tiny part of what I actually do! Like maybe 10% of my time is spent behind my camera. And most of it is spent in-front of my computer screen! That’s why I own so many blue light glasses!
So what else do I do?
- respond to e-mails and inquiries
- pre-session consults
- send confirmations, invoices and contracts
- session prep – including traveling to and from sessions
- upload and back-up session photos
- cull photos (go through ALL the photos and pict the BEST ones)
- edit pictures in Lightroom & Photoshop
- upload client albums
- send clients their album
- order products clients’ choose with their gift credit
- create client proof for albums and announcements and wall art
- invoice clients for additional orders
- social media and blog posts (including Instagram, Facebook & Pinterest)
- update website
- learning through workshops and online classes
- pay monthly taxes
- AND newsletters, freebies, session guides & what to wear guides
What!?! That’s a whole lot of things!!!
You didn’t have any idea did you? And I want to remind you that I’m a one woman show! I don’t have an assistant – every one of those things is done by ME! Pretty crazy, right?
So, even though you really only see me shooting your newborn session with my camera, just know that there is a lot of time and work that goes into your final images and your whole experience with NPS. And I want your experience to be unlike any other! A step above!
Beautiful images that tug at your mama heart and a smooth, customer centered experience are my goals with every session!
So, are you ready to experience all NPS has to offer?