motherhood – noun state of being a mother
I brainstormed words that describe motherhood to me…
A blur. When I think back to mothering littles, blur best describes it.
Motherhood is a jumble of emotions that change from one second to the next and at times feels like an out of body experience.
Black and white images are always raw with emotions to me. You strip away the color and are left with expressions and feelings.
My Blur of Motherhood Project marries these two – black and white images that show the blur (emotionally and visually with motion blur).
And to stretch myself and my photography skills, I plan on shooting these sessions with my digital camera AND my film camera.
Here’s where I need you!
I’m currently doing a model call within 10 miles of the 20007 zip code! Applications will be accepted November 30-December 10th. Models will be notified January 10th.
- a mom with 1 or more children under the age of 8
- must be available in February for a 30 minute session in your home
- a home with ample natural light (you will be asked to submit photos)
- open to styling/wardrobe assistance
- must sign a model release
- you will get the edited digital images from your session as a thank you!
Thank you to everyone that applied! The applications are closed at this time.
Models will be notifies January 10th, 2024.