Let’s Keep it Cool!
On the heels of one of the most intense heat waves in recent memory, I’m coming at you with what might be some unexpected photography wisdom.
Summer sessions are the best.
Yes, you read that right.
6 Reasons At-home DC Summer Sessions are Best!
Why book a summer session, you ask? For SO many reasons!
- First, if you’ve been following me for any length of time, you know that at-home sessions are my sweet spot. Of course, a summer session at home is best for the most obvious of reasons: A/C! That’s not to say we can’t take a few pics on your front porch or backyard, but no one has to spend an hour outside in this heat and that’s a BIG win!
- Summer is so relaxed and carefree. Having longer days with less on the schedule makes everyone calmer, more relaxed and carefree for pictures. We all even look our best with that sweet summer sun-kissed look on our hair and cheeks.
- The light! Summer light is so pretty and, again, where the days are so much longer, there are so many more options for scheduling your session.
- Ease of booking. My fall calendar gets BUSY (in fact there are only a handful of sessions left)! Fall is to photographers what April is to CPAs, so get on the calendar early for the best options. I can promise you won’t regret being ahead of the curve.
- Make your pictures stand out! Everyone does outdoor fall pictures with fall leaves and jewel toned clothing, but who says that has to be you? Summer lends itself to lighter colors, breezier fabrics and a fresh, bright look. Does that sound like a breath of fresh air? It looks like one, too!
- The joy of being DONE. No, not “done” as in you’ve had it. But “done” as in – your annual photos will be done. Getting your photo session scheduled during the summer means you’ll have your holiday cards ordered early and maybe even a few gifts for the grandparents. And what a BIG relief that will be, right? No rushing around in November or December trying to get the cards printed, addressed and out on time, when the rest of the world is doing the same. You might even be able to take advantage of some early bird sales!
Grab One Before They’re Gone!
While this advice may defy popular opinion, there are so many reasons to consider a summer session for your family. I’m pleased to share that I just added a few Full Family Sessions to my August calendar. I highly recommend grabbing one before the fall rush!
Interested? Let’s Chat!