Newborn – noun – a recently born child that rocks your world for the better.
A Word of Advice from a Mom and Newborn Photographer
As a seasoned family and newborn photographer in Washington, D.C. I spend a lot of time with newborn babies. I define a newborn as a baby within 0-3 months of birth and yes, I mean, all the way up to three months old! But life goes by quickly and the newborn phase moves even faster.
No Need to Panic
I get panicked inquiries on the regular from new parents who didn’t book a newborn session before their baby arrived and have decided that they want one! The good news is, I can usually squeeze a session in here or there. But the last minute mayhem got me thinking about all the reasons why newborn photography sessions are not to be missed!
5 Reasons to Book a Newborn Session
Here are my top 5 reasons to book a newborn session today:
- Planning for professional pictures has many benefits, beginning with the fact that they ensure YOU are in the pictures with your newborn. And they aren’t those awkward shots your partner takes because you beg them to.
- All the tiny details (think ten little fingers, ten little toes) are captured. Newborns are small and believe me you’ll forget how tiny they once were – unless, of course, you’ve hired a professional to make sure you don’t!
- Time flies. When you’re in the thick of newborn life, the time goes by fast! I have never had a client regret capturing these early days, but I have had them regret not getting the photos.
- You’ll always remember baby’s first home. Having pictures taken in your newborn’s first home when they are brand new is so special – even if you’re in an apartment or rental or you’re about to move – there is magic that happens in those early days in the home you shared with your new, growing family.
- You’ll enjoy a moment of peace in the newborn haze. Actually, you’ll enjoy a whole hour of peace. You’ll put on real clothes and you and your partner will have a block of time to revel in your baby while I photograph it all. No worries about sleep schedules or weaning or growth spurts – just for that hour, you can just ENJOY each other. After doing something as momentous as bringing a baby into the world, you owe yourself at least that much!
Babies grow. And freezing time so you can remember those early days is something you will always treasure. But don’t take my word for it. Read what past newborn clients have to say!
“My family loved our experience working with Natasha. Prior to the session, she helped us select outfits, including sending links to several options for our toddler that would complement the other family members’ attire.
She put all of us at ease the day of the session, including the toddler, which is reflected in the quality of the photos she captured. She also efficiently captured a variety of family groupings and different locations within our home, generating the diversity of photos we were hoping for, without burning out any of her objects (adults included!).
We love all the images she produced, and we chose to memorialize them with one of her albums. She was very helpful with the album design process and we were pleased with the way it came together. We’ve worked with other photographers in the past, but plan to continue working with Natasha in the future!”
“We loved working with NPS and couldn’t have asked for a better experience! Natasha was very professional and awesome to communicate with from the beginning. We were so happy with how the session went, Natasha made it very easy and relaxed which we really appreciated. We absolutely love our gallery and the prints and album are such high quality. We are so grateful that Natasha was able to capture so many wonderful moments that we can now treasure forever!”
“We booked our newborn family session with Natasha and she is such a dream to work with! She is patient and sweet with the toddlers who want nothing more than to show her every single toy in the house (😅) and manages to make the session fun for everyone! Natasha also has a gift for making you feel confident and beautiful in front of the camera. For a postpartum mother adjusting to her new body, this is huge. The photos she gives you are pure magic; gifts you will treasure for a lifetime. We love you, Natasha!”
Ready to book?